Photo by Brett Elmer. Taken outside Kashgar, Xinjiang.
A few links to start off your day:
- Author, businessman and China watcher James McGregor argues that authoritarian capitalism is a menace for China and the global economy.
- Qian Gang of the University of Hong Kong has a list of 10 key political watchwords to track as we head to the 18th National Congress.
- The global Muslim community has a lot to learn from China’s Muslims. If only they knew.
- Tessa Thorniley of The Daily Telegraph says Chinese mothers are beginning to abandon baby formula.
- New Dalian-Harbin high-speed railway that can run at temperatures of -40 degrees celsius now under testing.
ambassador“chief representative” in Norway Victor Te-sun Yu on the state of Taiwan-Norway relations: “I can tell you we are very lonely. We get no support from the (Norwegian) government or the diplomatic community, but we will continue to do what we can and hope things get better.”