Photo by @alwinner on Instagram.
A few links to start off your day:
- The Guardian has a nice interactive map of China’s high net worth individuals mapped. Chongqing leads the pack with the biggest growth rate, boasting 78% more multimillionaires in 2011 than four years earlier.
- China snubs IMF and World Bank meetings in Japan in dispute over islands.
- British tourist board: Chinese tourists can help UK out of recession.
- Henry Kissinger offers wise words on China.
- The Ministry of Health says it will establish a national database to record and distribute human organ donations.
- Caixin: The Dark Heart of the Bo Xilai Case.
- Tsai Ing-wen, the former chairwoman of Taiwan’s Democratic Progressive Party, could be the next heavyweight from the pro-independence party to visit the mainland.