Photo by Dennis Deng.
A few links to start off your day:
- Prehistoric people used to eat pandas, says a Chinese researcher.
- Ghana detains 90 Chinese nationals for illegal mining.
- Analysts say China’s IMF boycott is a ‘sign of things to come’.
- Chinese dissident writer Yuan Hongbing says China’s new generation of leaders may take a more aggressive stance towards Taiwan and that the island’s status as a de facto independent state may crumble.
- China is leapfrogging everyone else in renewable energy.
- CBS discovers the “latest trend sweeping China”: lighter skin. Hah.
- Bo Guagua has quietly returned to China, according to the rumour mill.
- Blind activist Chen Guangcheng says nephew could face unfair trial.
- Chinese high school students may soon be studying Mo Yan’s works.
- Will Beijing’s new leaders solve the Tibet crisis? wonders Newsweek’s Melinda Liu.
- Read one Miami journalist’s account of his gate-crashing a party for NBA star Dwyane Wade last Friday on the Bund.