Photo by Dennis Deng.
A few links to start off the day:
- President Benigno Aquino of the Philippines sees improved relations with China when the “ultra nationalist” sentiment in Beijing subsides after next month’s leadership transition.
- Chinese warships criticised for crossing waters near Japan island.
- The eldest brother of blind activist Chen Guangcheng has sued the local police and government in his village for barging into his house.
- Evan Osnos and Adam Minter sum up Chinese reactions to the second Obama-Romney debate.
- China has a power struggle of a different order.
- Who’s who of China’s top female politicians.
- German magazine Spiegel weighs the hidden price of food from China.
- China protests to South Korea over the death of a fisherman shot dead by coast guards in the Yellow Sea.
- Hannah Beech of Time magazine wonders where Marx and Mao are in China’s upcoming leadership transition.