As you may have heard, Shanghaiist is organizing a Hairy Crab & Sex Museum Tour on Nov 3-4. Here are five reasons why you should join us on our little excursion to the Yangcheng Lake and Tongli Watertown:
1. You get to feast on the world’s most coveted crustacean in the fattest part of hairy crab season right at the source, the pristine Yangcheng Lake. It’s like traveling to the North Pole on Christmas to personally pick up your gifts from Santa Claus. And these crabs are 100% authentic from their roe-laden carapaces to the bristles on the tips of their claws.
2. Tongli, one of more interesting, non-disneyfied water towns in Jiangsu Province. You know, well-preserved 1,000-year-old ruins that haven’t been entirely consumed by imitation pagodas vending balloon animals, plastic orca bubble guns, and those yapping little wind-up dogs. And they have Wansan pork!
3. This is one of your last chances to
get a quickie in at see the sex museum before its lease is up. Experience jade dildos, torture instruments used to punish misbehaving hookers, kama sutra-style sex manuals, and other scandalous artifacts sure to give you a “blast” from the past.
4. Tuisi Garden, one of the most amazing Qing Dynasty gardens in the region. It’s also one of a handful of classical gardens in the Suzhou region listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enough said.
5. When else has crabs and sex been something to look forward to? For the record, you’ll be getting the crabs before the sex. And we assure you, it’s all safe. No protection needed!
Check out the two tour itineraries here.
Sign up here!
Questions? Email us at [email protected]!