Photo by maurofaraoni.
A few links to start off your day:
- John Garnaut on the creation myth of Xi Jinping, the man likely to take over as president this November.
- Remaking the image of the incoming first lady, Peng Liyuan, is going to be a challenge, and will hold clues as to how willing the party is to modernise.
- Kevin Rudd wows Chinese audience with stand-up comedy in Sydney.
- 6,000 villagers face off with 3,000 local police in Yinggehai, Hainan.
- China’s top leaders have asked policy think-tanks to draw up their most ambitious economic reform proposals.
- China engineers incentives for “brain gain”.
- China offers to invest more in Bangladesh.
- EUs trade chief Karel De Gucht: EU and China don’t need to start a trade war.
Join Shanghaiist for the Hairy Crab & Sex Museum Tour on Nov 3-4! Click below image to find out more: