If you’re a white American college kid, don’t make ‘joke’ videos about race, just don’t. Samuel Hendrickson, the University of Southern Indiana student in the above video, may be trying to be ‘funny’, but the end result is the same as Alexandra Wallace’s notorious rant: the person making the video looks like a privileged, racist douche.
Hendrickson’s hilarious ten reasons he’d “hate to be Asian” (via 8Asians):
- Most Asians look alike
- If he was an Asian man, he’d most likely be with an Asian woman (and he doesn’t find Asian women attractive)
- Sweatshops suck.
- Smoking pot while Asian makes would make his already-chink eyes close completely
- He sucks at math
- The only way you can be in show biz if you know kung fu or if you play an Asian mobster
- He’d be short.
- He hates sushi and it would be “everywhere” if he was Asian. [He throws in a nice use of the word “Oriental” during this segment.]
- Asian males don’t have a “good rep.” Schools don’t accept them any more than white males, they’re not known for being good in the bedroom, and are known for having small equipment and wear tighty-whiteys
- Asians blur their porn
I’d bother rebutting some of those claims if they weren’t so mind-numbingly stupid. Hendrickson has since issued something of a non-apology (Youtube ‘comedians’: “sorry you were offended” is not an apology) on Facebook and Twitter:
I would like to really apologize to the entire Asian race and anyone else offended by my video. What I did was a joke but was not taken as one, with that being said, I sincerely am sorry for offending anyone.
As Joz at 8Asians says, hopefully Hendrickson’s video will lead to parodies as good as those of Alexandra Wallace: