A Russian man is in a critical condition after he and his dog were found electrocuted in a decorative pool outside the SML shopping centre in Huangpu district, Shanghai Daily reports.
It is unclear how the water came to be electrified but witnesses said the dog jumped into the pool first and the man tried to save it before he collapsed. He was rescued by the emergency services and rushed to nearby Ruijin Hospital. His heart had stopped beating upon arrival at the hospital but doctors were fortunately able to restart it.
The condition of the dog is unknown.
[Image via Weibo]