After several months of ‘headaches, convulsions, and even fainting’, a 60 year old man checked himself into the First People’s Hospital of Shuangliu county, Chengdu. According to the Southern Metro Daily, doctors found a 15 cm long worm in his brain.
Doctor’s blamed the man’s condition on eating uncooked frogs, eels and other seafood. Prior to surgery, doctors said they expected that it was a tumour or some sort of infection which was causing the man’s symptoms. After three hours of surgery however, a 15 cm long parasite was removed from the man’s cranial cavity.
Director of neurosurgery Wang Biao told reporters he’d never seen this type of parasite in his over 10 years of practice.
“Aquatic organisms typically contain many parasites, if people don’t cook frog or eel properly, the animal’s parasites may enter the human body,” Wang said.
[Image credit: @bestinplastics]