A 21 year old woman was tragically killed this week after her KTV microphone electrocuted her. The incident occurred in Harbin, where the victim named Li Ling Yu, was on internship after recently graduating.
Dongbei Net reports that the young woman was accompanied by five of her friends who, upon arrival in their KTV room, discovered that some of the equipment was faulty. The KTV waiter ignored the group’s request to be switched to another room, and apparently only fixed the issue temporarily.
When Li picked up the mic to sing, her eyes rolled back and she suddenly collapsed onto the sofa. Three of her classmates felt an electric shock upon touching her body, and another became temporarily paralysed while he was singing due to an electric surge transmitted through the microphone wires.
Li was rushed to the hospital by taxi, but by the time she arrived all of her vital signs had stopped. She was pronounced dead immediately.
In an eerie twist, her classmates reported that Li was in the midst of singing “Even in Death I’ll Love” when the shock occurred.
A reporter went to the KTV where Li died only to find that the business was operating as usual. The manager refused an interview, saying the person responsible was not present. The room where the incident occurred was closed off, however other rooms were reported to have had customers singing in them.
The Public Security Bureau of Harbin are investigating the incident further.
[Via: Image credit: @jimmyflickr // Beijing Cream]