Guo Bin, the six-year-old who lost his eyes in a brutal attack last week, is in stable condition and is slated to have artificial eyes implanted in three months. The electronic ocular implants may enable Guo to regain some degree of sight, and the family has already received an offer from a Hong Kong surgeon to perform the operation free of charge.
Guo’s attack has triggered an outpouring of support within China, as well as frustration that his assailant has not been found, as China Daily reports:
Donations have been flowing in since reports about the boy hit the headlines late last month, and Guo Zhiping said the amount has reached 800,000 yuan ($130,500). […]
The suicide of Guo Bin’s aunt on Saturday has sparked public suspicion that she might be the assailant, but Guo Zhiping said it was impossible because the two families are on good terms. […]
A vice-president of a school for blind children in Taiyuan, surnamed Li, said that the school would accept Guo Bin and exempt his tuition fees if he wants to attend it.
Police have yet to release any details about the attacker.
[Image via China Daily]