A man was hospitalized in Guizhou province after his skin and eyes turned green, the apparent result of ‘eating river-snails on a daily basis.’ The man had contracted liver flukes, a rare parasitic infection that causes, among other things, greenness.
The infection is typically linked to the consumption of unsanitary water (see: river snails), and the symptoms get weird, as GBTimes reports:
24-year-old He Yong got sick about two months ago, but despite strong stomach pains, he didn’t go to a doctor until his skin and eyeballs turned green, reported Want China Times.
“I was scared of my own reflection, I looked like The Incredible Hulk,” the young man told Guiyang Evening News.
It’s almost as if parasitic water-borne infections are more common in people who binge-eat random animals from rivers. The man has since been released from the hospital, and is now flesh-colored.
[Image via Want China Times]