A 25 year old from Yangzhou, Jiangsu province had to be rushed to hospital on September 7 after she accidentally swallowed a toothbrush while talking on the phone, Shanghai Daily reports.
The woman surnamed Jiang was brushing her teeth when she answered a call. At some point in the conversation the toothbrush “slipped down her throat and landed in her stomach”. It took doctors over an hour to extricate the toothbrush.
Insert your own joke about Chinese people being loud on the phone.
[Image credit: Greg Foster]