A Jingxian County man, surnamed Chen, was about to chow down on some delectable duck feet during his Mid-Autumn Festival family dinner, when he noticed they were covered in what looked like pieces of lint. Prepare the barf bag: they were maggots.
Chen had bought the prepared duck feet at a Shuanghuang Huangshanghuang Food Co. outlet in a mall, and kept them overnight in the fridge. When he served them at dinner, he observed that each foot crawled with six or more fly larvae. Concluding that the foot-fetishizing maggots must have been present when he bought them, he returned to the store, demanding compensation. However, the owner stated he would only reimburse him for the “grub”by feet if he could prove that ingesting the maggots made him sick.
Pretty messed up, but considering the state of food safety lately, eating food harboring an object that’s only revolting and not hazardous doesn’t seem so bad.
Chan should have stuck to the moon cakes, which never seem to spoil.