A 26-year-old man from Wuhan, Hubei Province had his lung collapse on him when he ripped a hole in it during a routine morning yawn, Ecns.cn reports.
The 1.8-meter-tall man surnamed Ou weighs only 60 kilograms and suffers from spontaneous pneumothorax, or when a small air pocket in the lung breaks and air leaks into the cavity surrounding the lung.
Tall men with thin physiques are known to be especially susceptible to pneumothorax.
Ou said he didn’t mind the sudden pain at first, but it soon intensified and he was unable to breath. He was sent to be treated at the Central Hospital of Wuhan.
[Image via: @paul goyette]