The latest incident in the long line of unlikely objects stuck in unlikely orifices, a Taiwan woman got a fish hook caught in her throat after eating a fish her grandson caught. And grandparents complain their grandkids never drop them a line (snap!). China Post reports:
The women was reportedly having dinner, eating a fish that her grandson had caught earlier in the day. After having a few bites the women stated she felt extreme pain in her throat, and was rushed to the hospital.
Using a nasopharyngo-laryngo-fiberscope, doctors found that a fishing hook, along with a 13-centimeter-long fishing line was stuck in the woman’s throat. Doctors said the procedure took about 10 min.
Doctors urge the public to ensure that fish are properly gutted and cleaned before eating them. In addition, the public are advised to not employ false folk remedies and ingest large amounts of water and rice in the event that foreign objects are stuck is the esophagus and seek immediate medical attention.
Looks like daddy’s going to do have to do a better job showing his kid the ropes on their next outing.