Authorities apprehended a female passenger on April 1 for, as ECNS put it, “deliberately releasing methane gas in a Beijing subway station.”
Several passengers were choked by the irritating gas on Tuesday morning as they passed a metro exit at the Dongzhimen station on subway Line 2. [sure it wasn’t South “Fangpi” Road?]
An employee of the subway service hotline said the gas was methane. The passenger carrying the methane was blocked by workers at the station before she released it into the air.
The incident didn’t cause a panic, and the amount of gas was so small that it didn’t pose a health threat to passengers.
We have to say, if “passing gas” at the metro station gets you arrested, than this woman should’ve gotten a triple life sentence.