Taiwan doctors experienced quite a shock when they removed a 10cm-long fountain pen from a girl’s stomach. It had reportedly been stuck there for half a year!
The 20-year-old girl was diagnosed with a depressive disorder after she reported experiencing a stomach ache for half a year. After X-raying her belly, her doctor was startled to find a fountain pen. They promptly removed the writing utensil shortly after.
Doctors claim that if the pen was removed any later, it may have led to peritonitis, or even death.
According to the doctors, the girl likely swallowed it after getting drunk.
To be fair, in the realm of “pointy objects getting stuck in bizarre orifices,” this still isn’t as wince-worthy as the case of a teen who had to undergo surgery after inserting a needle into his penis.
Video Via Youtube
Images Via Oriental Daily and Youtube
By Christy Mak