A 3-year-old girl in Zhuhai’s Doumen district was shot in the head with a mysterious poison needle while riding with her father on a motorcycle. She fell into a coma immediately after, and was taken to the hospital.
On Sunday evening, the girl’s father, surnamed Jia, drove his wife and kids home on his motorcycle. While passing by the library, a dart struck the 3-year-old in the head, causing her to fall into a coma.
When she arrived the hospital after around 10 minutes, she wasn’t breathing and her pupils were heavily dilated. Fortunately, hospital personnel were able to restore her to full health.
Forensic pathologists initially determined that the needle contained a chemical called Succinylcholine that causes respiratory muscle paralysis, and even death at high doses.
Police are as of yet unclear as to what/who shot the dart, however they suspect it may have been shot by a bow traditionally used for hunting animals. Anyone else think it sounds like the handiwork of an illegal dog poisoning ring?
[Image Via Boxun]
By Jennifer Hui