A diner at a restaurant in Sichuan was horrified to find a cockroach in his food. However, when he started to raise a stink, the waitress ate the vermin to prove that his fears were unfounded.
The incident began when a man, surnamed Zhang, went to a restaurant in Jinsha Era Plaza in Sichuan and found a cockroach in his dish of fried bitter gourd. When Zhang complained about the cockroach, the female staff said: “No matter which restaurants you go, you will definitely find cockroaches in food. That’s very normal.” Zhang angrily ordered the staff to eat the cockroach. Unexpectedly, she obliged, shocking everybody there.
“He said that he would not complain anymore if I eat the cockroach, so everything is fine now by eating the cockroach,” the staffer said.
A speechless Zhang paid for the meal shortly after. The restaurant owner then apologized to Zhang and said that she would punish the staff by reducing her salary (we conversely think a raise is in order). The owner explained that the cockroach might’ve been blown into the dish by the hot gas while cooking. Due to the sincerity of the restaurant owner, Zhang did not hold them liable.
This isn’t the first time a staffmember has buried the hatchet by pulling a Jackass stunt. This past May, a restaurant manager ate a condom patrons had found in their fish, so he wouldn’t have to pay them compensation.
[Images Via Ettoday news]
By Jennifer Hui