A turtle at the Nanchang Ocean Park was fortunately saved yesterday by medical staff from Jiangxi’s Nanchang No.2 Hospital after it swallowed the plastic cap of a mineral water bottle which had been thrown into its enclave, according to China News.
As soon as the incident occurred, the workers from the Ocean Park sent the turtle to the hospital’s gastroscope room. As numerous hangnails inside the turtle’s stomach latched on to the cap, the hospital staff made great efforts to get the litter out and save the turtle’s life in time.
Early this year, a deer at a wildlife park in Xiamen was less fortunate, and died after ingesting some plastic packaging that was left by visitors.
By Lucy Liu
[Images Via Chinanews ]