The following is a message from our sponsor, NewX.
Alright here we go: You and your girlfriend just moved into a new apartment; you both love it! You now have everything you were missing in your old apartment. You furnish it the way you want, and it quickly feels like home. The only things still being discussed, is the living room, and you still can’t decide how you want it set up! Why don’t you suggest a really nice lounge area? Try it and you’ll see: she’ll love it. Here are 10 tips from NewX on creating a wonderful living room lounge:
1. Think of a theme. What does your girlfriend like? What is important to you? Lots of space and less furniture? A colorful room? A huge couch? Obviously the layout and size of your apartment will help the decision-making process; you don’t have to create a lounge area, but after reading this, you’ll see how great a room that screams “comfort” can be.
2. Say your girlfriend loves to chill; you’ll need a big couch. Even if your space is limited, the sofa should be the focus of your living room. Maybe a 3-seater; one that she’ll fall in love with because it’s so comfortable that she won’t want to sleep in the bed anymore. And don’t forget to add a lot of cushions: they give the room some extra color and comfort.
3. To create the right atmosphere and ambience, put one of these floor lamps next to it. The bigger, the better. Because your ceilings are unexpectedly high, it will easily fit. Your lighting needs change with your mood so you can dim it as you please.
4. Then you will also need a table; one where you can easily place all your magazines, your IPad and even some drinks. What about that glass coffee table you saw last week at your friend’s house? The combination of glass and walnut had something special. And of course your new living room shouldn’t be like everyone else’s; like you see everywhere in those big furniture stores.
5. Now what else is missing? Something where you can enjoy all your new movies: a luxury chair for yourself. It has to be a really comfy armchair, a perfect mix of style and comfort. It has to be bigger and bolder than normal chairs and offer its sitter the ultimate relaxation experience.
6. Get a rug. They not only embellish the whole room, also they create a warm feeling – especially in winter! And please don’t buy any of those boring, one-colored carpets from the furniture store next door. This time, why don’t you go all-in and surprise your girlfriend with a hand-tufted rug from New Zealand?
7. A small but essential detail, you need to think about a little commode where you put all the little things you and your guests don’t want lying around all the time. Also with a commode it’s easy to add some color to your room – without repainting the walls.
8. Paintings. The style is up to you, but it should fit to the theme. So think about an oil painting or a black and white picture of your favorite musician. But please don’t put up a picture of Justin Bieber – then I think you’ve missed the point.
This brings us to the next point: music. Of course, it’s nothing you can add to the walls, but listening to your favorite music really gets you to relax; because everybody has their own go-to song that bring back memories and feelings. But most important in this context: music can elevate your mood. So make sure that your sound system finds a place in this room.
10. Since you don’t want to be living in a hotel lobby, put some personal things in it: books on the commode, a smoky whiskey and glasses, maybe some fruits on the table and don’t forget a blanket for your girlfriend.
If you’re still searching for the final piece of your room or you just want to start furnishing your room, take a look here. And with NewX having another Showroom Sale you are able get great deals.
Don’t hesitate to order while stocks last!