A woman in Hunan province claims that her iPhone burned her face and left her with permanent scarring after she was having a long phone conversation with her boyfriend.
TomoNews reports that the woman was talking on the phone with her boyfriend last July when she realized her iPhone was getting especially hot. She ignored and continued talking, later taking an ice pack to her face.
After realizing she had a burn on the side of her face, she went to the doctor who gave her some ointment to treat it. The burn didn’t get better so she went to another hospital, where she was told that the iPhone had given her an electrical burn.
This isn’t the first case of a defective iPhone causing problems in China. Earlier this summer, an 18-year-old woman in Xinjiang was reportedly electrocuted in her sleep by an iPhone 4s that was being charged with a third-party charger. Two similar cases occurred last summer as well.