Fifteen students from two primary schools in Teng county of Guangxi were sent to the hospital after eating meals served there yesterday morning. No deaths were reported, but an investigation is underway, Tencent News reports.
The two schools served the students milk and ham on the day. Soon after, two students from Tongxincun primary school and 15 from Dashu primary school felt sick and had a stomachache. They were quickly sent to hospital.
The local Health Bureau, Education Bureau, Food and Drug Supervision and Management Bureau and Public Security Bureau quickly gathered and carried out investigation on the incident.
The dates of production of the food items showed they were not expired yet. The food samples have been handed over to Wuzhou city’s Food and drug inspection office for further inspection.
Concerns over the safety of primary schools in China has been on the rise this past year due to a number of incidents resulting in students’ death or hospitalization. In March, two children died and several more were hospitalized after they ingested rat poison at a kindergarten in Yunnan province. Just a week before that, a kindergarten in Shaanxi was closed down for administering antiviral drugs that were sickening the kids.
By Lucy Liu
[ Images via Tencent News ]