A man in northwestern Taiwan who’d gotten in an argument with his wife and brother decided to settle the dispute once and for all by setting himself on fire in the middle of the street on Sunday.
In the heat of the the family fight, the man splashed some gasoline on his body, ran out into the street and set himself aflame.
Luckily, bystanders were there to hose him down until an ambulance arrived. He survived, but suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 80 percent of his body, according to Tomo News. Apparently he was in fine enough condition to walk into the ambulance by himself (albeit with no clothes, a small price to pay).
He was taken to the National Taiwan University Hospital for medical and psychiatric care.