A 20 month old girl was severely scalded after she accidentally tripped and fell into a large pot of boiling soup at the entrance of the house on the evening of November 20 in Fujian province. The girl, named Xiao Ru, is currently in a coma, NetEasereported.
Xiao Ru’s grandpa warned her not to touch the soup while she was playing near the entrance of the house, where the pot was boiling o a stove. After a minute, she was found inside the pot after accidentally tripping, sustaining severe burns all the way up to her chest. She then was rushed to the First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University.
“Up to 30 % of her body is covered with severe burns,” said the doctor, “Her internal organs are still developing and she almost couldn’t take the impact of the burns, but fortunately the family sent her for treatment quickly.”
The doctor added that Xiao Ru will still have to face a long and tough period of infection 48 hours after her extreme burns.
The girl’s 29 year old mother is currently at a loss for what to do because she can’t afford the 50,000 yuan for her daughter’s treatments. Besides, her cancer-stricken husband had insisted on being discharged from the hospital and wants to borrow money to help their daughter.
You can reach the little girl’s family by calling the hotline 968801.
By Lucy Liu