A statement issued by Jaycee Chan’s entertainment company said the actor and singer left the city’s Checheng jail a few minutes after midnight.
Photos showed chaotic scenes as reporters chased his car and surrounded it at a toll station.
The statement thanked fans and the media for their concern and said Chan would hold a news conference Saturday in order to “apologize and explain.”
For those of you who haven’t been keeping up with the activities of Jackie Chan’s 32-year-old son in the past several months, he was detained along with Taiwanese movie star Ko Kai in August at his Beijing apartment, where cops seized more than 100 grams of marijuana. That wiener Ko, for lack of better terms to describe him after this miserable spectacle, was released after serving 14 days in administrative detention.
Chan, who was charged for providing a “venue” at which to smoke the greenery, could have been sentenced up to three years in prison, but got off easy because he’d confessed voluntarily and showed contrition for breaking the law, unraveling the moral fabric of society and etc. He had been in custody since August 14, and had already served most of his time in detainment by the time he was sentenced on January 9.
At a press conference to promote his new movie Dragon Blade yesterday, Jackie Chan told the press that he would not speak on behalf of his son ahead of his release (because he already did?) but did say “I will be happy” to see that “little bastard” again.
“I believe he will face up to his own life after his release. I am actually more at ease now,” he said.