A gold colored Bentley decided of its own accord to go up in flames yesterday in the market city of Yiwu, reducing the luxury car to a smoldering shell of its former self.
According to NetEase, the car’s owner, surnamed Hu, first noticed something odd was happening when white smoke began billowing out of the car’s air conditioning vents. He stopped the car and let the smoke dissipate, and upon restarting the vehicle, flames began to emerge from the dashboard.
Hu reportedly spent around four million RMB on the car and a further 50,000 each year for insurance. After inspecting the damage, the insurance company declared that spontaneous combustion was not covered by the policy, leaving Hu to pay out-of-pocket for the incident. Ouch.
[Images via NetEase]
By Dominic Jackson