A six-year-old boy began bleeding from his eyes, ears, nostrils and mouth and eventually died at a hospital after eating a lollipop he’d found outside in Heze, Shandong province.
The boy’s family suspected that he was poisoned by the candy that he’d found on the ground behind the house, as he hadn’t eaten any other food 20 minutes before the accident.
According to iFeng, the boy, called Xiao Li, was playing hide-and-seek with his friends when they suddenly began screaming for help.
After discovering what had happened, his family rushed the boy to the Juye County Hospital for medical treatment. Due to his critical condition, the doctor suggested that the family transfer Xiao Li to the Jining Affiliated Medical School Hospital for further treatment. Doctors there told the the boy’s family to give up due to his severe condition.
Upon testing samples of Xiao Li’s urine and blood, doctors found a heavy presence of rat poison. Police are now investigating the case.
By Tanto Chen