Two children in Jiangxi province were hospitalized after they snacked on some one-yuan convenience store treats and started breaking out in painful ulcers around their mouths.
Three-year-old Xiao Jing and and two-year-old Xiao Bo were hospitalized at the Jiu Jiang Women and Children’s hospital after eating the cheap food from a local shop.
One of the mothers, surnamed Zhang, explained: “We usually work outside and leave our kids at their grandparents’ house. They love to buy cheap snacks.”
According to Lanzhou Net, the kids haven’t been able to eat normally for five days and are still receiving medical treatment at the hospital.
Think twice before you throw down a couple of mao for a quick eat.
By Tanto Chen
[Images via Lanzhou Net]