A woman was engulfed in flames at an unidentified restaurant in Guangzhou after her husband decided to add some alcohol liquid to the flame at their table.
Restaurant footage showed the man, surnamed Tang, embracing his wife as he tried to extinguish the fire with his hands. Soon enough, restaurant staff members and neighboring customers all ran over to help. Eventually, a worker put out the fire with an extinguisher.
Tang’s wife was seriously injured and sufferered second-degree burns to her face, neck and left arm.
Last September, a similar tragedy took place when a waitress at a barbecue restaurant in Zhejiang poured liquid alcohol over the grill, causing it to burst into flames and set a customer on fire.
Watch the video here (viewer discretion advised):
By Lucy Liu