A university student in Wuhan, Hubei province was hospitalized after she’d swallowed a metal spoon, a result of her classmates startling her while she was eating ice cream.
The 22-year-old student was reportedly enjoying the dessert on her way back to her dorm room when another student pushed her. As she screamed, she swallowed the 14-centimeter long spoon, which soon after became lodged in her stomach.
The student said she felt “bloated” but didn’t feel the need to go to the hospital. It took a bit of online research for her to realize the seriousness of the situation (and that metal spoons are not naturally occurring in one’s stomach), and she decided she probably ought to go see a doctor.
Doctors took an X-ray and used a medical instrument with an attached snare to fish the thing out of her stomach. The procedure took about 10 minutes and, fortunately, caused no internal bleeding. The same could not be said for the lady who stuck a 30-centimeter long metal spatula down her throat.
Please don’t walk and eat at the same time.
[Image via news.cts.com]