A four-year-old boy from Hunan died from heat exhaustion yesterday after his parents forgot him in the back of a car during hot weather.
According to Xiaoxiang Morning News, the boy, named Xiaotian, was taken by his parents and grandparents along with some other children to hospital in order to receive vaccinations
Upon returning home at around 11 a.m., the adults got everybody else out of the car but left Xiaotian alone sleeping on the one of the backseats. Everybody then went to have lunch at a relatives house on the 15th floor of their apartment.
As Xiaotian and his family live on the 2nd floor of the apartment building, everybody else assumed that his parents had put him to sleep in their apartment. It was not until 5 p.m. that the whole family noticed that Xiaotian was missing.
After having been trapped inside the car, where temperatures were believed to have remained well above 40 degrees Celsius for several hours, his parents found him unresponsive and called for an ambulance.
A nurse, surnamed Su, told reporters that when they arrived at Xiaotian’s apartment building, he was carried out from the car and taken indoors where he was soon pronounced dead. He had likely died long before being found.
By Lucy Liu
[Images via gmw.cn]