Apart from it being horribly rude to the other tenants in your building and disgusting as hell, here’s another reason why you should never take a piss in an elevator. A teen who decided to relieve himself in the lift of his Changsha, Hunan residential building caused the wire to short circuit, resulting in the machinery being shut off for two days.
A management employee was alerted to a potential problem on August 11 when he noticed that the buttons on the elevator were wet and malfunctioning, SCMP reports, citing the Xiao Xiang Chen Bao.
Staff later checked surveillance footage and saw the young teenager who’d entered on the 15th floor, whipped out his man bits and peed all over the first few rows of buttons with little to no fucks given.
“The boy was lucky he didn’t get an electric shock, or else the consequences would have been more serious,” You Xiaoming, director of the building’s management office, was quoted as saying.
The elevator had to be shut down for two days for thorough inspection after a short circuit was discovered. The culprit has yet to be identified.
[Image via ikejie.com]