We’ve already shown you 2015 in pictures, now we bring you a selection of our favorite photo stories from the past year. Enjoy:
10) Chinese New Year celebrations around the world
Everybody’s favorite global holiday.
9) Father-daughter duo take photo together at Jiangsu lake every year for 35 years
Good photo collections take time to make, like say, 35 years of time.
8) The (much less crowded) streets of Shanghai in 1985
“In these old days, Shanghai wasn’t very crowded,
In these old days, bicycles were all over the streets,
In these old days, the sky was still blue,
In these old days, life in Shanghai was quite simple, so was everything else.”
7) The life and times of Hu Yaobang
Last year marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of one of the CCP’s most progressive leaders, take a long look back at his incredible life.
6) How people have fun out in China’s countryside
If this doesn’t make you want to tour rural China, we can’t imagine what will.
5) Young Tibetan couple’s modern and traditional wedding photos go viral
Chinese couples can often go overboard on the pre-wedding pics, but it’s going to be difficult for any of them to match this Tibetan couple.
4) Incredible photos of famous Chinese tourist sites from a century ago and today
A whole lot has changed in China in the past 100 years, but some things have stayed the same, while other things have at least been rebuilt to look the same.
3) 100 years of Chinese women and what they wore
From the Late Qing Dynasty to the Republican Era and to the present day, Chinese society has experienced near-constant change. Perhaps nowhere is this more evident than in the changing styles and trends of women’s clothing over the course of the past century.
2) Photo series captures what life is like in a Chinese coal mining town
Take an eye-opening tour of the blacker parts of Fuxin city in Liaoning province.
1) Photographer spends 11 years documenting families around China with all their belongings
A completely fascinating look inside the homes of China’s diverse population.