A member of the Shanghai-based girl group SNH48 was treated for severe burns on Tuesday evening after accidentally setting herself on fire at a local coffee shop.
The Paper reports that 24-year-old Tang Anqi is currently receiving treatment at Shanghai’s Changhai Hospital for severe burns that cover about 80% of her body.
Baoshan District police said that Tang had accidentally lit herself on fire with a lighter at 7:45pm during a dispute with a female friend upstairs in the cafe.
Tang immediately rushed down the staircase, shouting for help. Staff responded quickly and helped to put out the fire.
The cafe’s manager said that the fire spread so quickly because Tang was wearing pantyhose, so keep that in mind ladies.
Tang’s management company said on their Weibo account that Tang has suffered serious burns and that she’s in need of large amount of blood and her life is still in danger.
Watch footage of the accident below:
By Lucy Liu
[Images via Sohu News]