In case you thought you were having a shitty day, this poor woman got her foot stuck inside a squat toilet.
The incident occurred on Monday morning at a company dorm in Nanjing. Fortunately, the woman had her mobile phone on her and called emergency services. Firefighters rushed to the scene to find that the situation was much worse than they had expected.
The woman’s leg was trapped inside the toilet up to her ankle. To make matters worse, her leg was twisted at an odd angle and she was complaining about her foot starting to feel numb, NetEase reports.
The firefighters realized that the woman was losing blood to her foot, if they didn’t get her out soon, there were going to be some even more serious problems. But what to do? They had simply brought a crowbar, leaving the blowtorch at the station, and the woman’s ankle was stuck inside the toilet but good.
Fortunately, one of them had the brilliant idea to grease the hole and the woman’s leg with cooking oil, so that it would slip right out. And that’s exactly what happened. Hooray!
Chinese firefighters have extensive experience in dealing with just this kind of emergency. Last year, one dude accidentally dropped his phone into the toilet. Not one to simply let it go, the guy actually reached down into that hole of excrement to retrieve his precious communication device. Instead, he got his arm stuck inside the squat toilet. Fortunately for him, firefighters arrived to rescue him — dunno about the phone though.
Maybe this will finally settle the western toilet vs. squat toilet debate?
[Images via NetEase]