The following is a job ad by a Shanghaiist sponsor.
Established English-language school for kids with 13 locations around Shanghai seeks full-time English teachers for IMMEDIATE placement.
Teachers will be responsible for providing a highly engaging and effective learning experience to students aged 3-12 in class sizes of 12 to 15. Teachers will work together with colleagues to present the curriculum with energy and enthusiasm, ensuring an engaging and enjoyable experience for their students.
You’ll need to:
– Be a Native English speaker from the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, or South Africa
– Be comfortable around kids aged 3-12 years old.
– Have a passion for educating young students and a keen interest in their development
– Be able to command the attention of groups of children in an engaging and compelling manner
– Be energetic, enthusiastic, animated approach to storytelling and delivering content to learners
– 31-hour work week (yes, you’ll have to clock in and be physically in school)
– Three weekdays (3.30-8.30pm) + Sat & Sun (9-6pm with one hour lunchbreaks)
– Overtime pay (if you’re inclined to take on more work) is RMB90 for each 45-min period.
– 3:30pm-8:30pm on weekdays (maximum of four 45 minute lessons, depending on schedule)
– 9am-6pm on weekends (maximum of ten 45 minute lessons, depending on schedule)
Full time teacher work load
– 21 teaching hours per week maximum
– 10 office hours
– 2 week days off per week (the actual days off are determined by individual campus)
– A competitive wage of RMB15,800 – 22,000 per month
– Full accident and medical insurance coverage (after probation period)
– Sponsored residence visa (the company will pay for all fees related to the visa application, including your health examination, as well as the return airfare for your visa trip, if required)
– Teacher induction program
– Ongoing classroom-based professional development
– 10 days paid annual leave on top of 11 national holidays
– 3 days paid sick leave
Documents you’ll need:
– Bachelor’s degree (must be notarized by Chinese consulate in home country)
– TEFL/TESOL certificate
– Certificate of no criminal conviction
SIGN UP HERE.