China has an alarming number of elderly people, which is bad economically, but nice in other ways, because old people are awesome. Here are the ten best examples from the past year.
10) Romantic grandpa gives his wife the moon for Mid-Autumn Festival
For Mid-Autumn Festival this year, one grandpa decided to give his sweetheart the moon.
9) Granddaughter dresses her 80-year-old grandma up for totally adorable photo shoot
This 80-year-old granny from Yinbin in Sichuan province became known as “Cosmo Grandma” after her stylin’ pics hit Weibo with the help of her granddaughter.
8) 88-year-old grandpa receives his bachelor’s degree, becomes China’s oldest graduate ever
It’s never too late to learn. Take Zhang Guohan for example. He’s 88 years old and a new college graduate.
7) Elderly couple have been living in a cave for the past 54 years, and they don’t want to move out
Some couples don’t need a $25 million dream home to be happy. A cave will do just fine.
6) 84-year-old Hangzhou husband declares his love for his wife on 218-meter-tall skyscraper
An elderly couple in Hangzhou celebrated Valentine’s Day in style this year with one partner renting out the entire side of a building to spell out his undying love for all the city to see.
5) Elderly man celebrates his 97th birthday with 6 orphans he adopted and raised during his long life
“My dad has done so many good things in his life, that’s why he has lived so long!” one of Peng’s adopted sons told reporters.
4) Photographer turns his 85-year-old grandfather into a hipster fashion icon
After his pics were posted onto Weibo, netizens banded together and pronounced this grandfather, without a doubt, the “coolest” old dude in China.
3) 81-year-old groom makes his bride’s childhood dreams come true with amazing fairytale wedding pics
This Guangzhou couple proved that it is never too late to live out your childhood fantasies, posing for a set of magical pre-wedding photos that took the Chinese internet by storm back in April.
2) 61-year-old Chengdu uncle wows netizens with race car driving skills and rippling six-pack
Meet Liang Yuxiang. He’s 61-years-old, from Chengdu, and he’s a frequent participant in cross-country rally races. He’s also freaking ripped.
1) Elderly man gives his wife a piggyback ride across busy Beijing intersection, netizens’ hearts melt
While wedding pictures are nice and all. Sometimes, true love shines out the most in everyday situations like crossing the road.
WE LEAVE YOU WITH THIS…
Check out last year’s top moments here.