Finally worked up the nerve to ask her to spend the rest of her life with you, but still not quite sure how? Not to worry, brave Chinese boyfriends have been busy this year testing out how to get the girl, and how not to get the girl.
10) Romantic guy proposes to bikini-wearing girlfriend at water park just as sudden downpour hits
One Shandong guy planned out the perfect marriage proposal. He had a shining diamond ring, a bouquet of roses, a blushing bikini-wearing bride-to-be and a waterpark full of onlookers to cheer him on, there’s only one thing he didn’t count on — the rain. Doesn’t matter, she still said yes.
9) Student’s romantic candlelight proposal gets extinguished by campus security
A romantic candlelight proposal at night on campus seems like a good idea. But, when you finally get that heart shape just right and have what you’re going to say to her all planned out, you realize that you forgot to account for one important fact — the campus security guards’ total lack of sentimentality.
8) Man proposes to his girlfriend with a bouquet full of cash, she says ‘yes’
John Lennon once sang that he doesn’t care too much for money, because money can’t buy him love. Obviously, he wasn’t trying hard enough.
7) Dude’s daring parachute proposal hits snag when wind blows him into a tree
In order to convince his girlfriend to marry him, one Hubei man planned to fall from the sky, gallantly parachuting down right in front of her, before dropping to one knee and asking her to be his forever. Unfortunately for him, Mother Nature had other ideas.
6) Guy tells girl that he loves her with 999 pomelos, gets rejected, crowd makes off with all the fruit
A university student told his crush that he loved her the only way he knew how — with 999 pomelos. Unfortunately, he got rejected. Should have gone for 1,000.
5) Romantic guy tells girl he loves her with 999 boxes of condoms and a bouquet of thongs
One Chinese Romeo was able to win a girl’s love with a little help from nearly 1,000 boxes of condoms and a bouquet fashioned from G-strings. Who said romance was dead?
4) Guy proposes to girl with ugly wreath of funeral flowers, girl storms away in anger
In November, a hopeful young man asked for a girl’s hand in marriage, trying to impress her with a rather unimpressive wreath of flowers more fit for a funeral. To absolutely no one’s surprise, he got rejected.
3) Chinese diver He Zi wins silver medal, then gets a diamond ring in touching podium proposal
After He Zi won silver in the women’s 3m springboard diving finals in the Rio Olympics, her boyfriend Qin Kai, a bronze medalist himself, got down on one knee and proposed to his longtime sweetheart, speaking to her for nearly a minute while the world watched until she finally nodded “yes.”
2) Nerd makes giant portrait of the girl of his dreams from 840 Rubik’s cubes, gets rejected
A young man spent three feverish nights carefully solving 840 Rubik’s cubes to complete a giant portrait of the face of his one true love. Somehow, that failed to win her heart.
1) Badass woman proposes to boyfriend with a Harley motorcycle and property deed
With many more single men roaming around China than women, girls seem to hold a lot of the power when it comes to marriage. Before asking for their sweetheart’s hand, guys often are required to have a home and a car. But that’s not how this badass chick from Chengdu operates. She already has everything figured out for her partner.
WE LEAVE YOU WITH THIS…
Check out last year’s top moments here.