Have a new product and looking to make it go big in the Chinese market? Try out one of these ingenious, tried and true sales tactics and you’ll be swimming in RMB in no time.
10) Fatties eat for free at this Tianjin restaurant
Weigh over 130kg? Then you get to dine for free at this Chinese eatery. Warning: This strategy is more profitable in Tianjin than Texas.
9) Two female university students hold up signs offering themselves up for rent at West Lake
Back in January, two young entrepreneurial women visited Hangzhou’s West Lake to sell a very special product, themselves, holding up signs by the lakeside offering “rentals” or “dates.”
8) Shandong food street hires scantily-clad model to sell its snacks
After all, whose appetite wouldn’t be enticed by a Spicy Soup Hottie, Steamed Bun Hottie or Mantou Hottie?
7) This sexy electric fan ad shows guys they don’t need a girlfriend to feel ‘E-cup’ breasts
This summer one Chinese electric fan maker placed itself above the competition with possibly the sexiest electric fan advertisement in human history.
6) Bikini babes hit the slopes in subzero temperatures to promote Qingdao ski resort
In January, promoters in Qingdao once again resorted to the tried and true tactic of using pretty girls in bikinis to publicize the launch of their latest venture — even if that venture happened to be a ski slope.
5) Big breasted beauties want you to try out Taiwan’s latest craze: light bulb bubble tea
Have you tried a sip of Light Bulbble Tea?
4) Models stick condoms to their faces on the metro to show off how good they are for the skin
Back in June, a group of women were spotted sticking condoms to their faces, chests and arms during peak hours in the Beijing Metro. To no one’s surprise, it turned out to be a promotional stunt.
3) Half-naked saleswoman shows off her diamonds at classy Chinese jewelry store
While many jewelry store brands try to sell their gemstones through classy advertisements and sophisticated salespeople, one outlet appears to going in the opposite direction.
2) Bikini babes will help peel your shrimp for you at this Shenyang restaurant
Shrimps may be delicious sea creatures, but peeling prawns sure is a pain. One innovative Chinese restaurant has finally come up with a solution to this eternal problem by having waitresses simply peel the shrimp for you as you eat — as an added bonus, they are dressed in bikinis.
1) This completely racist ad for washing detergent just aired on Chinese TV and at cinemas
As any foreigner who has ever lived in China can attest, attitudes regarding race and skin color are often quite different here from back home. Still even with prior experience, sometimes this country can leave you completely and utterly dumbfounded like when you watch this ad for Qiaobi laundry detergent.
WE LEAVE YOU WITH THIS…
Check out last year’s top moments here.