China is an amazing place to live, but sometimes you just have to say “what the fuck?”
10) China Urine Therapy Association still going strong with over 4000 members after government ban
Western medicine or traditional Chinese medicine? Some opt for neither and prefer urine therapy. And yes, it’s as strange as it sounds. Bottoms up!
9) Woman wolfs down 5kg of durian until nose bleeds after being barred from taking it inside train station
What does one do when you’ve got 5kg of durian on you and the nasty security guard doesn’t allow you to take it inside the train station? You eat it of course.
8) Dude caught masturbating to car babes at auto show
China’s car shows are famous for two things: hot girls and the creepy guys that come to ogle them. While sometimes men have been known to cross the line at these events, typically they are at least able to keep it in their pants.
7) Dumped because of her weight, Henan girl sends her ex a bar of soap made from her own fat as revenge
After getting dumped for her weight, one young woman from Henan posted pics of herself holding a bar of soap purportedly made from her own fat. Naturally, it was gifted to the lucky ex-boyfriend.
6) Man takes dump in bucket to avoid leaving his keyboard at Chinese internet cafe
A rather grim video depicting a devoted gamer defecating into a bucket in the middle of an internet cafe circulated on Weibo in March, leading netizens to collectively wretch in disgust.
5) Can’t get rid of the shakes? Try out TCM’s latest surefire elixir ‘Owl wine’
“The owls are all soaked alive. They are submerged inside and choke on the alcohol, that way they are infused inside and out, making the medicine more effective,” a TCM merchant explained.
4) 3 million yuan giant golden Chairman Mao now gazes out over the fields of Henan
One day in January a 36-meter-tall golden “Mega Mao” randomly appeared out in a field in the middle of nowhere, Henan. Unfortunately, it was promptly dethroned when pictures hit the internet.
3) Man surprised to learn that device he’d been using to smash walnuts for 25 years is actually a hand grenade
In December, one Shaanxi man was shocked to learn that his trusty “nutcracker” was actually a hand grenade.
2) Fortune teller fondles woman’s breast to determine her future
From palm reading to tarot cards to magic eight balls, there are countless methods that fortune tellers will claim to be able to use to determine your future. But there’s only one way that really works — breast fondling.
1) Man ‘accidentally’ gets hemorrhoid surgery while waiting for his wife to give birth
Fortunately, he did actually have hemorrhoids.
WE LEAVE YOU WITH THIS…
Check out last year’s top moments here.
Follow Shanghaiist on WeChat