Want to learn about the Chinese culture? Fascinated about the opera? The Shanghai Theatre Academy has generously decided to offer free summer school opportunities with an aim to enhance intercultural understanding.
You will be able to study three courses: Chinese opera, culture and language. The main course is the traditional Chinese opera, composed of the learning of Chinese opera steps and movements, water sleeve routines, spear and sword routines, and selected scene work. Chinese culture and language are supporting courses for you to better understand the essence of traditional Chinese culture. During the program, you will also have the opportunity to see traditional Chinese opera shows and take field trips.
When and what?
June 15-July 6, 2017
Chinese opera: 64 lessons
Chinese culture: 9 lessons
Chinese opera introduction: 16 lessons
Chinese languages: 16 lessons
1. Foreign student’s between 16 and 30 years old. University students preferred.
2. Interested in Chinese culture and willing to learn China opera.
3. Priority is given to students focusing on Chinese studies or with art background like acting and dancing.
4. Students from non-English speaking country should be able to communicate in English fluently and need to provide some certificate which can prove your English level when you apply.
Application deadline: April 15, 2017
An attendance rate of over 90% is required to complete the program. At the end of the program, you will be assessed in the form of a reporting performance. The certificate of completion will be issued depending on whether you pass the assessment and achieving the required attendance rate.
You will need to apply and receive the Chinese visa with at least one-month of stay in China in your own country.
You will take care of your own personal accident insurance for the stay in China.
Tuition fee: free!
International flight expenses: to be borne by the students
Lodging: free, provided by Shanghai Theatre Academy
Living subsidy: ¥50 per day, provided by Shanghai Theatre Academy
Deposit：40USD. Student who has been enrolled should transfer 40USD to STA as deposit.The deposit will be returned on the registration day in RMB.
Name：SHANGHAI THEATRE ACADEMY
Bank：China Construction Bank, Shanghai Yan’an Road Branch
Bank Add：200 Zhenning Road, Shanghai, China
1. passport copy;
2. 2 photos (2 inches) and a ordinary life photo;
3. application form;
4. university certificate;
5. resume and other materials related to the application.
Send your application to:
Foreign Students Office
Shanghai Theatre Academy
630 Huashan Road, Shanghai, China
Tel: +8621-62485215 Fax: 008621-62485596
Email: [email protected]