Are you still shooting in JPG? Or do you have no clue what this even means? In this 3.5 hour workshop this Sunday, March 12 from 11am-2.30pm, you will learn what it means to shoot in RAW and JPG format; how to save bad under/ over exposed photos and save the details in dark and light parts of you photos at the same time. To guarantee that maximum attention is given to all participants, the workshop is limited to 5 spots. Secure your spots now with the QR code below.
The Power of RAW: learn to digitally edit your photos after shooting
March 12th Sunday
TBC, it will be held around the French Concession area
¥715 per person
Limited to 5 spots, so maximum attention for all participants is guaranteed
Sign up via the QR code below
How to sign up?
1. Scan the QR code below.
2. Fill out the form and proceed to deposit payment via WeChat (green button) or Alipay (orange button).
3. You will be added to the specific workshop WeChat group and be informed of the workshop location.
4. Show up for the workshop, learn and pay the remaining amount to the course instructor director.
11:00-12:30 shooting in RAW & and which software to use?
12:30-13:30 walk through parts of the French Concession and shooting in RAW
13:00-14:30 processing and commenting on the RAW photographs: finding your own effective workflow & archive system
Things you will learn:
• Camera settings for shooting in RAW
• Curves and levels
• Color temperature: white balance
• How to get your photos from your camera and open them in your computer
• How to create a final photograph using free, high quality RAW conversion software and also industry standard software such as Photoshop
By the end of the workshop you’ll learn how to tell if an image is under or overexposed without seeing the actual photo. You will know how to shoot in RAW format and make full use of the power of this format and how to save badly exposed photos.
Things you should bring bring:
• A laptop
• Download of free trial version of Photoshop and/ or Lightroom
• A camera that can shoot in RAW format
• Any other equipment you’d like to ask questions about or help with
About the course instructor
Meet Maarten van der Meer – a passionate photographer living and working in Shanghai. With the completion of his studies on photography at the Academy of Fine Art in the Netherlands, Maarten loves to aimlessly wander around the streets of Shanghai and explore interesting spots. It is one of his personal missions to teach as many photography enthusiasts how to take better photos with their phones or cameras.
Check out his portfolio on his website