How do you like your whisky? Whether it’s neat, on the rocks, with a splash of water, as a cocktail base, paired with food or a great cigar, China takes part in the global celebration of World Whisky Day (WWD) on May 20! Get ready for an epic week of special deals starting from May 14 – 20, as 100 participating bars across China offers over 1,000 different whisky cocktails prepared by some of the best bartenders in the country.
This year, WWD changes things up with live nightly broadcasts hosted by Spirits Magazine editor Josh Wang and China Whisky Guide editor Derek Chang. Catch them visiting official WWD bars in Nanjing, Hangzhou and Shanghai. Don’t forget to tune into the special live broadcast at British Consul-General John Edward’s mansion!
British Consul-General John Edwards and Chinese celebrity 胡歌 (Hu Ge) livestreaming.
Simply Scan the Whisky Week QR code on WeChat, look through participating bars and promotions to begin your journey into the World’s largest celebration for whisky. Whisky lovers, it’s the perfect time to raise a glass and introduce whisky noobs about all the wonders of whisky!
How can I participate? 参与方式
1. Scan the Whisky Week QR Code to access the WeChat program. 扫二维码进入活动页面。
2. Find the nearest bar participating in 2017 WWD. 在地图上找离你最近的WWD酒吧。
3. Once you enter the bar, turn on your Bluetooth -> Open WeChat -> Discover -> Shake.
4. Shake your phone, click on the WWD Icon that has popped up.
5. Shake until your favorite drink appears. Shake fast for a whisky based cocktail or slow for a whisky neat. 快摇或慢摇手机选择你喜爱的饮品。
6. Click on ‘Get Coupon’ and ‘My Coupon’ and show the bartender.
7. Enjoy World Whisky Day! 开启鸡尾酒之旅!