As a fast growing and successful international engineering and manufacturing business, McGavigan is today well known for supplying a range of technical decorative and functional polymer products to its global blue chip client base. Behind this sits our vision to develop, and a strong heritage of innovation that has contributed strongly to our growth and our close client and supply chain relationships.
Originally founded in 1861 in Scotland UK, our company now operates two modern manufacturing and development sites located in the UK and China, supported by a global sales and field technical organization located across the regions close to many of the clients.
We see significant opportunities for growth across a number of industry sectors by leveraging existing core competences and by building new capabilities through investment in complimentary technologies and capabilities which deliver value to client and our enterprise alike.
The role requires a person with an exceptionally entrepreneurial nature who thinks logically and has an organized working style that inspires creative thinking and the ability to get things done effectively within a team environment.
– You will be a naturally creative thinker who enjoys solving problems, and through analysis will plan structured ways of solving technical challenges, encouraging others through this process.
– As the role requires working with a wide range of internal and external academic and professional research institutes, clients and supplier forums, you will need to be a confident and effective communicator with an ability to collaborate with a wide range of people and organizations.
– Often new ideas require an understanding of intellectual property protection, so it is expected you will be familiar with the process of researching and where appropriate the protection of new intellectual assets.
– The greatest results are often achieved through smart teamwork, so the ability to lead and motivate a culturally and technically diverse team is crucial.
Background and qualifications:
– You are likely to have a post graduate engineering or chemistry science based qualification and have worked for at least 10 years within a related polymer processing, conductive coating, printed electronics or HMI engineering field.
– You will have working experience in one or more of the following industry disciplines;
*Automotive styling and design or electronic systems integration (HMI)
*Polymer material science with experience in engineering polymer performance improvement and/or processing
*Electronic consumer product design or integration
– You will have had some experience of successfully leading a multi-disciplined team.
– Though the research group is based in our China operation in Suzhou, some development activities are conducted in our UK operation, and a number of research partners include institutes in Germany and the UK, so fluency in German and English is required.
– Some international travel to Europe will be required (approximately 4 times per year)