Video has gone viral on Chinese social media giving us yet another reason not to go out for hot pot this week.
In the video, a boy can be seen playing with a mobile phone at a table inside a hot pot restaurant when a waiter suddenly slips with a full pot in his hands, sending a wave of scalding broth right into the unfortunate child’s face.
The boy’s mother immediately grabs her child, while the father brushes the pot off the table and rushes over.
At this point, it’s not exactly clear where or when this incident occurred. It’s also not clear how seriously injured the boy was in the accident.
You can watch the video below:
After watching the video, many Chinese Weibo users have said that the waiter himself is not to blame for this accident, instead pointing the finger at the restaurant itself. Believing that the waiter slipped on an oily spot on the floor, netizens commented that many hot pot establishments fail to put an emphasis on cleanliness, which leads to incidents like this.
Web users have suggested that restaurants use this terrifying moment to make a change in the interest of safety, proposing that waiters should wheel pots out on carts, rather than by hand. We’re sure that hot pot restaurant owners will hop right onto implementing these suggestions, right after they figure out how to stop rats from running up customers’ legs.
Follow Shanghaiist on WeChat