n trying to cure himself of an annoying case of lice, a man in Hunan province ended up with some much more serious health problems.
The 38-year-old man, surnamed Zhang, says that a neighbor had told him that the trick to getting rid of lice was to wash his hair with diluted dichlorvos, a type of pesticide commonly used to kill household pests. And so, on May 28th, he combined the chemical with water and shampoo to wash his hair.
A few hours later, Zhang began suffering from nausea, dizziness, vomiting, and other symptoms. He was rushed to the hospital in Changsha where he was diagnosed with severeorganophosphorus poisoning after the pesticide was absorbed by his scalp. He is now reported to be in stable condition and recovering.
When confronted with any ailment, it’s usually best to go to the professionals for help—rather than say stick a live eel up your bum to cure your constipation. Doctors are quite good at what they do. They are the people to see when there are lice in your hair or leeches up your nose.