n May 30th, a man sat down on a Guangzhou public bus and began chatting with his friend. Their conversation was interrupted when the man’s bag suddenly became a fireball.
Surveillance camera footage from inside of the bus shows the backpack on the man’s lap unexpectedly bursting into flames, which shot all the way up the ceiling, frightening fellow passengers.
After the flames had died down, the man picked up the backpack and carried it outside, throwing it to the ground where it continued to shoot up sparks.
According to the man, the cause of this explosion was a portable charger that had been in his bag. Fortunately, no one was hurt in the incident.
Watch on YouTube:
Or on Tencent Video:
Back in February, a portable charger burst into flames in the overhead baggage compartment of a China Southern Airlines flight to Shanghai. Luckily, a flight attendant with a bottle of water was there to save the day.