Recently, a terrifying video has been making the rounds on Chinese social media showing a father and daughter fleeing their home just before a charging electric scooter explodes into a ball of fire in their living room.
In the 11-second long video, the father and daughter are seen relaxing in their living room when the e-scooter begins to smoke and emit sparks. The dad quickly goes over to unplug the scooter, but by then it’s already too late.
With the smoke growing, the man grabs his daughter and runs for the door, preceded by the family’s dog. A moment later, the scooter explodes, engulfing the room in flames.
According to the footage, the incident took at around 5:30 pm on Sunday. However, it’s not clear where the video was filmed and how much damage the blast did.